Profound thoughts, personal feelings, and what ever else strikes me as I traverse life's meandering path.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Ping Pong!

No, I am not referring to the game. I am referencing cultural sounds. If you've ever been to another country and started picking up some language, or worked with kids, you have realized that animals make very different sounds in different countries. Foreign cats don't say 'meow' and dogs don't say 'woof.' Animal noises are often the easiest to notice as different but most sound effects are different, even if only slightly. The title of this post is the sound a doorbell makes in Okinawa. =)

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you are learning so many new things! The next time I am talking about a doorbell I will have to try using "ping pong". Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, thanks for always commenting, even though I already told you this personally over skype. = ) I love you!

    ReplyDelete