Profound thoughts, personal feelings, and what ever else strikes me as I traverse life's meandering path.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Home in the Spirit by Rebekah Moyer

The question so often dreaded
Where is my place of belonging
on this earth?
A question easily answered
By the mouths and hearts of others.
But instead of an assigned city and state
A country describes me more adequately.
Strange looks and stereotypes surface
As a result of my response.
The two-word answer requires
The length of description allowed.
The Desire for belonging to some place
And not, therefore, estranged from another,
Has been the heartbeat of my identity
For so long.
Till the discovery of a place more permanent
That cannot be taken from me when I leave.
It is a universal language
And a family that knows no borders.

Home, that has been there
since the first day I believed.
My home, in the Spirit.

4 comments:

  1. That's cool! Great reminder that we are aliens in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great identity and how reassuring to have a home that is never taken away from you! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that. Such a needed reminder. Love you!

    ReplyDelete