Profound thoughts, personal feelings, and what ever else strikes me as I traverse life's meandering path.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Psalm

Of God for his lost and precious child

How long, my child?
How long will you forget and neglect me?

When will you come to me and be with me once again?
Why do you let sin master you and the devil tempt you?

Why do you scorn my grace and refuse my strength?
How long will you continue to harm yourself, and continue this cycle of self-destruction?

Can't you hear me calling to you? You have forgotten how to hear me.
You have strayed like a senseless sheep, and yet you wonder why you're lost.

Stop your feeble efforts and allow me to comfort you and bring you to myself.
Surrender to me and I will be your master and your true lover; you will want for nothing else.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... so true. God is SO good to us. Which Psalm is this?
    Love, Amanda S.

    ReplyDelete